It's always helpful to get over the holiday slump by having something positive (and healthy) to look forward too. Get a jump start on 2012 by planning a spa day, weekend get away, or sign up for a new workout class or jogging club. Happy New Year!
Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 1:00PM
Thursday, December 22, 2011 at 1:00PM
1. Don't skip meals.
2. Only splurge on things you ABSOLUTELY love.
3. Drink Responsibly. Watch caffeine & alcohol intake.
4. Stay hydrated with plain H20.
5. Get some sleep! Stick to your regular sleep schedule as much as possible!
Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 1:00PM
Nobody knows better than a mom that getting ready for the holidays is a lot of work. Here are some surprising calorie burners and rewards for your labor!
Prep Time Burn* Food Earned Calories
124 minutes of 1 cup of eggnog 224
18 minutes of 1 potato latke 75
51 minutes of grocery 1 slice of fruitcake 139
108 minutes of 1 serving of honey- 260
cooking glazed ham
15 minutes of fast 1 ginger-bread cookie 95
source: American College of Sports Medicine
*Calorie burn based on a 150lb woman
Monday, December 12, 2011 at 5:09PM
To keep your family's immune system in tip-top shape fill your diet with Vitamin A- and C- fruits & veggies. Be sure to add in protein and you'll be super hero's in the war against germs! Here are some easy snack combos that you AND your kiddos will LOVE!
1. Red pepper slices with 1TBS of Hummus and a glass of milk.
2. A fruit smoothie of 1 cup of frozen strawberries and 1 1/2 cups of orange juice blended together. Serves 2.
Monday, October 31, 2011 at 1:00PM
It’s hard to make it through Halloween without indulging in the candy bowl. Just remember portion control is your friend. Stick with any of these 150 calorie combo’s and you’ll reduce your chance of getting spooked on the scale!
- 6 Rolls of Smarties
- 3 Treat-sizes boxes of Nerds
- 3 Mini Twix
- 6 Mini 3 Musketeers
- 7 Hershey’s Kisses
- 2 Fun-Size packs of Milk Chocolate M&M’s
- 5 Snack-Size Twizzlers
- 6 Dum-Dum Pops
- 3 Mini York Peppermint Patties